By some estimates, within the next five years web-scale IT will be present in more than half of the world’s enterprises. Web-scale IT has enabled companies like Google, Facebook and Amazon to achieve unprecedented scalability, agility and simplicity. Can enterprises learn from the way some of the largest and most successful companies buy, deploy and operate their infrastructure?
This webinar will help enterprises understand the fundamentals of web-scale IT and how other companies are using web-scale principles to build private cloud-like environments.
Join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Nutanix for “Web-Scale IT: Are Enterprises Ready?” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed:
- What is web-scale IT, where did it come from, and what does it offer?
- What are the shortcomings of existing IT environments and how can web-scale IT address them?
- What are the design goals, principles and characteristics of web-scale IT?
- How does web-scale IT relate to other trends, like software-defined data centers, scale-out computing, hybrid cloud, DevOps and hyperconvergence?
- How can IT infrastructure incorporate web-scale IT to meet the demands of cloud-like operation and delivery?
Who Should Attend:
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Data managers/developers
- Enterprise software and technology vendors