Interest in Hadoop is booming as it moves beyond the large web properties to industries such as banking, retail, oil and gas, government and more. As the value of Hadoop is more broadly recognized, more organizations are investigating this open source big data platform. It is worth noting that there have been some growing pains among traditional enterprises for several reasons. Lack of skills required to deploy and run Hadoop, concerns about the security and reliability of the software and how it will integrate with their existing data management systems are just a few things slowing adoption. This webinar will examine the key requirements for enterprise adoption of Hadoop and the innovations we can expect in near term and long term that will drive its usage.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Hortonworks for “Top 5 Innovations for Hadoop in the Enterprise” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, May 30th, 2012 at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- Who is using Hadoop today?
- What’s holding up mainstream users from jumping in?
- When will HA, security … be added?
- What can we expect in terms of integration and ease of use?
- What does the future look like for Hadoop?
Who Should Attend
- Data managers/developers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendors