The next wave of cloud computing’s growth will in part be fueled by the growth of open-source software. From Eucalyptus to Openstack, and OpenNebula to Nimbus, open-source is growing in importance at all layers of the cloud compute stack, and today’s CIOs see open-source as a viable alternative to proprietary software both in their own data center as well as in the public-cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
In order to learn about the increasingly important nexus between open-source and the cloud, please view our on demand video of GigaOM Pro and Rackspace.
What You Will Learn
- How open source fits within the public and private cloud environments
- The potential benefits of utilizing open-source within cloud environments
- The relationship between open-source and cloud-computing standards
- Are there downsides to going with non-proprietary solutions?
- How to prepare your business to transition to an open-source cloud environment
Who Should Attend
- IT decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendors