A decade ago, regularly working from an airport, coffee shop or home was unimaginable, both technically and culturally. Today, it’s commonplace. Businesses are embracing a 24/7 global workforce powered by technology. Employees are no longer tethered to a traditional office environment. Workers, empowered by advancements in technologies, can be more productive, more flexible and more effective than ever.
Technology has minimized the need for employees to be physically present in a traditional office setting. Central to this change is the ever-increasing access to high-speed Internet services, mobile technology and cloud-based collaboration services. And increasingly, these tools are changing the nature of employee relationships, which often extend across time zones and geographies, and require evolving technology for effective collaboration.
Join GigaOM Pro and Skype on May 11, 2011 at 10 a.m PDT at our upcoming webinar, The Future of Work. We will explore the challenges and opportunities presented by a new culture of work. This free one-hour roundtable webinar will take place on May 11, 2011 at 10 a.m. PDT.
What You Will Learn
- The shifting physical place of work.
- What role consumer technologies such as iPads, smartphones and notebooks will play in the workplace.
- The transparency of IT.
- Extended labor markets and worker sourcing.
- Video communication as a workplace centerpiece.
Who Should Attend
- CEOs of startups and high-growth companies
- C-level and senior executives with virtual teams
- Sales and Marketing VPs and Directors
- CIO and IT Professionals who support remote, virtual, or mobile workers
- HR professionals and training professionals
- Corporate real estate and facilities management leaders
- Virtual, remote, and mobile workers