The European Commission unveiled its “pro cloud” strategy a year ago, hoping to reignite the stagnant economy through innovation. The Commissioner proclaimed boldly that the cloud must “happen not to Europe, but with Europe”. And rightly so. A year later, GigaOM Research analysts in Europe take a look at who the emerging cloud players are in the region and their edge over U.S. providers. We dig into the issues for cloud buyers in Europe and the untapped opportunities for providers. Can Europe build a vibrant cloud computing ecosystem? That’s a tough question today as U.S. cloud providers still dominante the industry.
Join GigaOM Research for “The Future of Cloud in Europe,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, July 9, 2013, at 8 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed:
- What’s driving cloud opportunities and adoption in Europe?
- What are the inhibitors to adoption of cloud in Europe?
- Are there trends and opportunities within specific countries (UK, Germany, peripheral EU countries?)
- Which European providers show promise and why?
- What are the untapped opportunities for cloud in Europe?
- Predictions for the future of cloud in Europe
Who should attend
- IT Decision Makers
- IT architects
- Cloud Architects
- Cloud service providers
- Systems Integrators