With the abundance of cloud offerings in the market place, physical infrastructure is no longer an enterprise IT requirement. Cloud has established itself as an excellent option for infrastructure outsourcing.
Cloud offers inherent benefits and value propositions including flexibility, agility, nimbleness, and lower costs. While data center is an asset to the enterprise, the Cloud complements and enhances the value of on-premises infrastructure. Businesses should focus on which components of their infrastructure should be outsourced to the cloud ecosystem.
Therefore, the tight integration with public cloud services, as well as leveraging an on-premises infrastructure, provides a cost effective and scalable platform that is future-proofed in the face of quickly-evolving technology.
CIOs are on a constant quest to understand what infrastructure will provide the best fit, at the lowest risk and cost. That understanding will ultimately determine the right target platform – whether it is locally hosted on-premises, leverages a colocation provider, or the public cloud. Core considerations must include latency, resiliency, security, governance, cost, expansion, management and the location of the cloud provider’s data center to adhere to geographic compliance mandates.
Today, Cloud is a journey for most enterprises. Organizations gradually move their workloads into the public cloud. Each of these workloads may have specific infrastructure requirements. In today’s evolving data center, defining the proper use of data center assets, and how cloud-based platforms may or may not fit into the mix is critical to business success.
Finally, cloud exchange or cloud connect add services provide direct connectivity for the cloud provider’s customers to global carriers, ISPs, Internet Exchanges, content and CDN players, storage vendors and other enterprise and potentially ecosystem partners. This connectivity provides a higher value to the infrastructure offering of the cloud provider.
On December 9th at 10am PT, join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Telx in a free analyst webinar panel discussion in which an expert panel will discuss the infrastructure choices available to CIOs and which of these choices are most suitable to various applications and workloads.
Questions to address:
- How do you identify the right approach to the data center — on premise, colocation, or cloud?
- What key features should businesses look for from a colocation provider in their cloud connect services platform?
- Why certain infrastructure choices can provide a better platform for specific applications, based upon the application requirements?
- Why cloud does not replace your data center but rather complements on-premise infrastructure making those assets more valuable?
- What benefits do enterprises incur by leveraging cloud connect services offered by their cloud provider?
- What are the benefits and ROI that ‘dynamic bandwidth’ or ‘cloud bursting’ to satisfy the evolving application demands and changing business requirements?
- Why is security, governance, cost, latency, management, and location are critical factors in enabling dynamic workloads and on-demand services enabled via the cloud environments?
- What key features should businesses look for from their cloud provider?
- What can businesses learn from early adopters of public cloud?
- CIOs and CTOs
- VPs of IT
- Technology and budgeting Decision Makers
- Network Architects