Edge-based intrusion prevention and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) are failing to meet the demands of faster and more sophisticated threats, and a new generation of analytic tools have evolved to meet those challenges. These tools have the power to reshape the security dynamic, but they may require you to rethink your infrastructure, staffing, and policies.
How do large data volumes and increased automation change the role of the security analyst? Where can human analysis and augmentation provide the greatest benefit? How should businesses recruit and train security staff to best handle the new realities? Or should you outsource to an MSSP?
For a discussion about these and other questions related to security analysis, join GigaOM Research and our sponsor, Click Security, for “The data-driven security analyst,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- Security analytics: truly proactive or just faster forensics?
- The benefits and limitations of automation.
- The new security toolkit.
- The new security analyst: policeman or investigator?
- How to hire for or cultivate the new security skillset.
Who should attend
- Security Analysts
- Data managers/developers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendors