This free 1-hour webinar from GigaOm Research brings together experts in modern uses of data warehousing. Featuring GigaOm Analyst William McKnight and a special guest from Vertica, Paige Roberts, the presentation will focus on strategies enterprises should be undertaking today for evolving data warehouse ecosystems.
Despite the allure and utility of other analytic data constructs, enterprises continue to invest the most in, and get tremendous benefit from, great data warehouses. The data warehouse is still the key component of the actionable analytic future. However, the data warehouse of today is used differently, can accomplish new things, and requires different technical and business strategies to get the most out of it, than before.
In this webinar, McKnight dives into the current state of data warehouse initiatives. He discusses how implementation realities of the last two decades have demonstrated the importance of the data warehouse, and why enterprise leaders must think differently about data warehousing as a whole.
Paige Roberts, from the Vertica product marketing team, looks at specific changes in modern analytics platforms like Vertica, examines how these changes embrace the new data warehouse ecosystem and address new data warehouse requirements.
This 1-hour webinar will explore:
- The state of the data warehouse today and strategies to maximize the return on data warehouse investments of 2019 and beyond.
- The flavors of the data warehouse and the criteria for ensuring your data warehouse(s) is up to standard
- Key considerations when building a new data warehouse, evolving an existing data warehouse, or contemplating a re-platforming.
- The continued relevance of data warehousing today
- How to know when to put your data warehouse in contain mode
- Ideas for data platform selection for a data warehouse
Register now to join GigaOm and Vertica for this free expert webinar.
Who Should Attend:
- CIOs, purchasers, and recommenders of data platforms
- Enterprise architects and application developers
- Data engineers and solution architects
- Developer managers
- IT decision makers