Many organizations start their Master Data Management (MDM) journey in support of a specific sponsor business need. Often hard-fought concessions are made to allow MDM techniques to support data needs of a particular function. Now, since almost every application needs your customer master, it’s time to expand the scope of MDM, to replace substandard methods of accessing customer data in the enterprise and to establish the MDM hub for use by new applications across all customer business processes.
Crossing the chasm to the enterprise customer 360 can be daunting. During this 1-Hour Webinar, GigaOm analyst William McKnight will share some strategies for moving from application to enterprise customer MDM and will discuss the ruggedization that must exist in MDM to be ready.
During this 1-Hour Webinar we will examine:
- How MDM is established with TCO
- The MDM Maturity Model (single application MDM is low)
- Elements in MDM necessary for takeoff:
- A data quality program (prove data quality according to beloved peers)
- DaaS SLAs – how do they work with the hub?
- Operational integration (including data lake) AND value-added customer analytical elements (perhaps gleaned from transactional data)
- Syndicated data take-on
- Graph capabilities
About William McKnight
William McKnight has advised many of the world’s best-known organizations. His strategies form the information management plan for leading companies in various industries. He is a prolific author and a popular keynote speaker and trainer. He has performed dozens of benchmarks on leading database, streaming and data integration products in the past year. William is the lead data analyst for GigaOM and is the #1 global influencer in data warehousing and master data management and he leads McKnight Consulting Group, which has placed on the Inc. 5000 list in 2018 and 2017.Watch