As real-time infrastructure analytics and software-defined networking technologies converge, IT departments will be able to control network bandwidth to support critical applications. What does this mean in the real world? Suppose you’re at the end of the quarter and you need all available bandwidth dedicated to the sales team and business processes surrounding the close of the quarter. But some bright spark in the company decides to jump on a P2P file sharing service and starts downloading movies. In the new era of real-time infrastructure analytics and SDN, the network would automatically throttle bandwidth to the P2P file sharing service via policy-based controls, ensuring the network and other infrastructure resources are available to the business when you need them.
Join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Vello Systems for “Real-time infrastructure analytics meets SDN: the promise and challenges,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, October 3, 2013, 10:00 a.m. PT.
Key topics of discussion
- What are the trends driving the convergence of real-time infrastructure analytics and SDN?
- In a massively distributed environment (potentially spanning both private and public cloud), how do you optimize resource use? How do you make intelligent networking decisions that support application requirements?
- If there are thousands of devices that are all generating data useful in managing data center infrastructure, how is that data collected?
- Do we need a common data model to extract data from the infrastructure?
- What are the trends shaping this market today and what will it look like in 3-5 years?
Who should attend
- CIOs, CFOs
- IT decision-makers
- Enterprise architects
- Cloud architects
- Cloud service providers
- Systems Integrators