Hadoop has graduated from open source curiosity to de facto industry standard. And when standards emerge, so do lots of tools and companion projects that build upon them. Companies looking to explore the benefits of Big Data analytics should therefore demand a full suite of essential Hadoop capabilities in functional areas that include: Data Management; Data Access; Data Governance and Integration; Security; and Operations.
But downloading and integrating each such component in a do-it-yourself manner won’t cut it. Instead, you’ll want a full Hadoop distribution that will provide many, if not all, of these tools in a pre-configured, compatibility-tested, ready-to-install package that includes comprehensive administration and management functionality.
The ability to deploy Hadoop clusters in the public cloud, on premises or in appliance form should be a critical requirement for your Hadoop distribution selection. And rolling out Hadoop clusters on both the Linux and Windows operating systems will be another important criterion for a great many enterprise customers. Tune in to learn about all of this in a single webinar.
Join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Hortonworks for “Picking Your Hadoop Distribution: An Ecosystem in a Box,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- What are the cost considerations associated with building a Big Data analytics platform?
- Components and technologies to look for when selecting a Hadoop distro
- Training, support & services for enterprise Hadoop environments
- Integration with your existing applications and systems
- Pitfalls of do-it-yourself approaches to architecting Hadoop platforms
- CIOs and CTOs
- IT architects
- IT decision makers
- Database and BI professionals