Every day, the number of operating systems, screen sizes, and device types your Web site needs to support continues to grow. In theory, one adaptive, efficient, responsive Web site that could support all of those target platforms makes sense and can deliver the performance your users require. But how realistic is that, and what is the cost?
Responsive design is not a panacea. Built properly, a responsive site can perform quickly and allow designers, developers, and content creators to contribute more efficiently. Built incorrectly, a responsive site can be anything but – unacceptably slow and difficult to maintain. In this Gigaom Research Webinar, we will discuss the potential for responsive design, evaluate use cases for the landscape of options available choices, and suggest a strategy for choosing the blend of tools, services, and methodologies that produces a performant, manageable, responsive site. Join Gigaom and Merkle 5th Finger for “Performance and Versatility: Doing Responsive Design Right,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, October 29, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed:
- What are the potential benefits and drawbacks of responsive design?
- What is the performance cost of a responsive site, and why?
- How can developers mitigate performance problems to deliver compelling experiences that exceed consumer expectations?
- How can responsive Web sites increase or reduce the management burden for various roles in a company?
- What are the most common mistakes businesses make when creating a responsive site?
- How can businesses leverage the strengths of responsive design while minimizing negative impacts?
Who Should Attend:
- eCommerce Directors
- Site developers and architects
- Product managers
- UI / UX professionals
- Operations staff