Platform as a Service (PaaS) represents the next evolution of the cloud and it’s revolutionizing the way organizations build software. By delivering off-the-shelf cloud-based platforms, PaaS empowers developers to write, test and deploy innovative software without relying on IT or operations staff. However, businesses shouldn’t move to PaaS without a plan for data security, availability, disaster recovery, etc.
In this webinar, we’ll address the issues that businesses, both large and small, need to consider when creating and executing a PaaS strategy. This includes identifying development and business requirements; understanding the current PaaS marketplace; picking the first project; and, importantly, how PaaS will alter existing roles.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Engine Yard for “PaaS is Revolutionizing How Software Is Developed. Are You Ready?,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 10 a.m. PST
What Will Be Discussed
- The core value of IaaS vs PaaS
- The changing roles of developers and operations
- Key considerations such as security, availability, control, etc.
- Defining a strategy that will allow PaaS to work the first time
- The current landscape of PaaS providers
Who Should Attend
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendor