As data continues its relentless growth curve, IT pros are struggling to solve capacity issues that slow down IT agility and are a drag on business. Many service providers and enterprises are turning to object storage to deal with scaling issues, either in the cloud or on premise.
In this webinar we will discuss the major market drivers for object storage and the various technology approaches, and also look at the landscape of key players.
Join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Scality for “Object storage uncovered: market drivers, technologies and key players,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, November 20, 2013.
Key topics of discussion
- What is driving the need for object storage?
- When do traditional storage technologies hit a wall?
- What are the different technology approaches to object storage (cloud vs. on premise)
- What are the use cases: large numbers of users requiring parallel access at petabyte scale, active archive, high IOPS / low latency
- What are the limitations/trade offs of object storage?
- Who are the key players?
- What are the trends shaping this market today and what will it look like in 3-5 years?
Who should attend
- IT decision-makers
- Storage architects
- Storage managers
- Cloud architects
- Cloud service providers