Data from sensors, be they physical or virtual, is big, fast, and always-on. Not so long ago, such “data in motion” was monitored for unusual readings, and then discarded. Now it’s analyzed in real-time; and it’s all saved, for even deeper analysis afterwards.
Maybe you’ve heard of the Internet of Things, and maybe you’re skeptical. But this isn’t just about thermostats and personal pedometers. It’s also about fleet optimization, asset utilization, supply-chain visibility, sentiment analysis, and risk and fraud prevention.
Analysis of streaming sensor data focuses on determining not just the “what and why,” but also the “what’s next.” By combining sensor data with historical and other data, even deeper insights can be extracted, equipment breakdowns averted, money saved and efficiencies gained.
Join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Savi Technology for “Making Sense of Sensor Data,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- What constitutes a sensor?
- Sensor data in consumer vs. industrial contexts
- How sensor data helps manage optimization, risk and safety
- Is sensor analytics’ value in hardware or software?
- Sensor data collection and analysis scenarios
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- CIOs and CTOs
- Line of business managers
- Operations managers
- IT decision-makers
- Data scientists
- Enterprise Risk Management analysts