T-Mobile Makes the Business Case for Big Data Analytics in Telecommunications.
Telcos and communications service providers (CSPs) are facing rapidly shrinking margins, competition from Over the Top providers and rising investment costs, which is putting tremendous pressure on their network analytics departments to do something! These teams must provide insights to the business that will help decrease churn, improve customer service and ultimately increase ARPU. But this is easier said than done when most telcos are still operating in silo mode, attempting to pull information out of various data marts and do analytics by Excel spreadsheet. This approach is ineffective in today’s competitive landscape and the new world of big data, which is not just about traditional data stores but also about all the apps, devices and location data unique to each customer.
This webinar will dig into the challenges CSPs face with big data analytics today and how one customer in particular, T-Mobile, was able to overcome some of these hurdles.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Netezza for “Making Big Data Analytics Pay” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday August 22, 2012 at 10 a.m., PST.
What Will Be Discussed
- Telco market dynamics and competition
- Current big data analytics challenges
- Best practices for incorporating big data analytics
- Impact of mobile applications and smart devices on analytic systems
- Future of big data analytics and its applicability across industry sectors
Who Should Attend
- CIOs, CTOs
- Data managers/developers
- Communications Service Provider executives
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud service providers
- IT decision makers
- Enterprise software and technology vendor
- Network technology vendor