Agile methodologies and the DevOps movement promise faster time-to-deployment, higher quality code, more engaged, productive workers, and happier customers. But there are two sides to every story. A complete migration from traditional Waterfall-style methodologies is jarring, potentially expensive, and might actually be impossible. Investors, executives, and partners might have very good reasons to stick with tried-and-true methodologies, and businesses should be prepared to live in both worlds for the foreseeable future.
From project management to financial planning to managing and rewarding employee productivity, what are the challenges of a multi-methodology enterprise, and what specific steps can businesses take to address them? In this Gigaom Research webinar, we will examine the reasons why businesses might choose one methodology over another, evaluate the stresses those choices make on an organization, and suggest concrete steps businesses can take to get the most out of each methodology while removing friction. Join Gigaom Research and AtTask for “Making Agile and Waterfall Work Together: A How-To Guide,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, October 7, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.
Key topics of discussion
- What are the common use cases for multiple methodologies in an enterprise?
- What communications and reporting challenges do mixed methodologies bring?
- What cultural challenges arise when businesses support multiple “competing” methodologies?
- How can businesses plan without a consistent set of project and productivity metrics?
- How are leading businesses approaching these challenges?
- What steps can businesses take to address and mitigate these issues?
Who should attend
- CIOs and CTOs
- Directors and VPs of IT
- Project Managers
- Software Developers and Architects
- Engineering Managers