Testing has long taken a back seat to development and release deadlines, often viewed as the last gateway before payday. Cloud-based infrastructure has led many managers to believe that scaling “just happens,” and load testing is no longer essential. Devops and Agile methodologies were designed to increase product quality, but in many cases, their rapid release cycles and lack of change management structure have actually hampered proper quality assurance – particularly in regression and UX testing.
Time-to-market is more essential than ever, and continuous release cycles have put the days of “throwing a build over the wall” behind us, but product quality is every bit as important as release speed, and businesses must consider both.
In this Gigaom webinar, the panelists will examine the historical relationship between testing and development, consider the impact of changes in architecture, operations, and release cycles, and suggest ways in which businesses can integrate automated functional testing, load testing, and application monitoring into even the most time-sensitive SDLC. Join Gigaom Research and Apica for “Integrated Testing: Balancing Speed and Quality in Application Development” a free analyst webinar on Thursday, July 31, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- How have modern methodologies and tools changed the relationship between Development and Quality Assurance?
- What are the benefits of integrating testing and monitoring throughout the development lifecycle?
- How can businesses benchmark and quantify the effectiveness of testing efforts?
- How are performance-sensitive industries such as gaming and financial services approaching testing, and what can we learn from them?
- How should businesses approach organizational, operational, and technical change necessary to incorporate testing into their SDLC?
Who Should Attend
- CIOs and CTOs
- QA Managers
- IT Managers
- Application Developers
- Product Managers