With expansive growth expected in the cloud-computing market – GigaOM Research expects the market will grow from $70.1 billion in 2012 to $158.8 billion in 2014 – cloud service providers must find ways to provide increasingly sustainable performance. At the same time, they must accommodate an increasing number of internet users, whose expectations about improved and consistent response times are growing. However, service providers cannot increase performance if the corresponding cost also rises. What these providers need is a way to deliver low latency, fast response, and increasing performance while minimizing the cost of the network. Of the three high- performance network infrastructures currently available – fibre channel, ethernet, and InfiniBand – InfiniBand is proving the most effective in satisfying the criteria of predictability and repeatability. To learn more about why cloud service providers are using InfiniBand, join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Mellanox for “InfiniBand makes headway in the cloud,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT.
Questions we’ll answer
- What are the business decisions driving cloud providers to use InfiniBand?
- What are the options for creating a high performance cloud infrastructure today?
- How can data travel across a network of compute and storage capacity with minimal latency?
- Why is storage acceleration critical?
- What is causing the rise of the convergent datacenter?
Who should attend
- Service provider executives
- Cloud platform providers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers