Your website is part of a “marketing cloud.” In this case, we’re not talking about a product from Adobe or Salesforce.com, but the combination of all those marketing technologies used to drive traffic to – and monitor the performance of – your site. Most companies use a half-dozen technology and analytics providers, and advertising and affiliate partners are using even more. Is this a net positive for your own objectives, or is the overhead of all these technologies dragging down site performance and leaking valuable data?
Gigaom Research surveyed technology decision-makers about their use of marketing technologies and their impact on ROI and site operations. We’ll share the results of this survey and review best practices in managing your site’s marketing cloud. Join Gigaom Research and our sponsor, Ghostery Enterprise, for a free analyst webinar originally live on Wednesday, September 11, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT. Register now to view on-demand.
What Will Be Discussed
- What are the tradeoffs of using marketing, analytics, and e-commerce technologies on your site? What are their benefits versus their costs and risks?
- How does marketing technology impact site performance and latency?
- Is IT and site operations even aware of the potential risks and rewards of using multiple marketing technologies?
- Who controls the budget for analytics, and who has access to the data? Who should?
- How can marketing and IT best collaborate to ensure they make the right tradeoffs?
Who Should Attend
- IT and site operations management
- eCommerce professionals
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Digital Officers
- Chief Marketing Technologists