Over the past decade, the innovation curb for new technologies has been led by the consumer market. New devices, software and services have increasingly shown up first in that space before their eventual transition into the enterprise. The reasons for this are numerous, but the end result is increased challenges for IT managers who must constantly evaluate new tools and technologies for robustness, security and other impacts on their business.
On December 7, 2010 at 10 AM PST, GigaOM Pro and Box.net present a free webinar entitled, The Simple Enterprise: How Consumer Technologies Are Changing the Face of IT. This webinar will examine how rapid innovation in the consumer sector has also impacted the content management world, and will look at how enterprises are balancing the new world of consumer-driven content management services with more traditional content management tools.
What will you learn?
- How employees are creating a “pull” effect for their IT departments to implement forward-leaning, consumer-oriented technologies in the enterprise
- Which applications and functions are being influenced by the consumerization of IT
- How IT managers can evaluate “rogue” applications while also allowing employees freedom to use new, consumer-driven technologies
- How small, medium and large enterprises differ in the adoption and usage of consumer-oriented web technologies and tools
Who should attend?
- IT Managers and corporate IT decision makers
- Consumer Internet and web services entrepreneurs
- Venture capitalists
- Software executives