When considering a cloud application development and deployment platform such as a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering, one of the key considerations is the flexibility that the PaaS platform offers.
Rigid or Flexible?
A PaaS solution should give you the flexibility to leverage the languages, services, and middleware that are most appropriate for each application that is built and deployed to the PaaS. And these may vary from application to application.
In today’s open hybrid cloud world this becomes even more important. Cloud applications need to be inherently stateless, service-oriented distributed and portable. The PaaS should facilitate this architecture with ease. In addition, choice of deployment model and choice of infrastructure (whether bare metal, virtualization, private cloud, public cloud or even hybrid cloud) are key to a composable PaaS environment.
In this webinar, key industry experts will discuss the importance of portability and of having options within your PaaS technology, including the ability to mix and match the technologies that are right for a specific application, as well as the ability to expand on capabilities now and into the future. Join GigaOM Research and our sponsor, Red Hat, for “Flexibility with PaaS: How to Keep Your Options Open ,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT.
Also please join us for part 4/5 in the webinar series, “From SOA to PaaS: How to create enterprise architectures in the cloud”
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Best practices around development workflows using PaaS.
- The tradeoffs of leveraging technology as “pluggable” components.
- The path to success with PaaS, leveraging multi-language options.
- Best practices in using a hybrid cloud architecture using PaaS.
- The importance of open source languages in your PaaS.
Who should attend
- IT / Application architects
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendor