In the three years since its creation, OpenStack has redefined the cloud infrastructure market. OpenStack now has more than 11,000 developers in 130 countries, and large and small enterprises alike are starting to build OpenStack-based clouds. While OpenStack is, indeed, a well-regarded IaaS cloud platform standard, the use of OpenStack in the world of PaaS is not as well understood.
Today, the use of PaaS to automate development workflows within private and public clouds is the clear industry direction. However, the full benefits of enterprise PaaS come about through considering PaaS together with community-driven and standards-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service like OpenStack.
In this webinar, our experts will take the mystery out of defining a PaaS strategy around OpenStack and will provide examples of existing best practices, emerging technologies, and integration of these technologies to best support the business. You will also gain a sound understanding of the PaaS /IaaS intersection to aid in the definition of your own PaaS strategy and provide the best chance of success to your enterprise.
Join Gigaom Research and Red Hat for “Defining a PaaS Strategy with OpenStack in Mind,” a free analyst webinar on Thursday, November 7th, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed:
- What are the advantages of bringing open cloud infrastructure such as OpenStack into a PaaS strategy?
- Which emerging technologies and standards are most important to watch?
- Which businesses and industries can serve as models for OpenStack-ready development?
- What are common pitfalls in PaaS development that could impede a move toward OpenStack, and how can enterprises avoid them?
Who Should Attend:
- CIOs and CTOs
- Application Developers & Architects
- Cloud Service Providers