Firewalls block basic attacks on your network, antivirus scanners filter known offenders, and no enterprise should operate without them. Still, focused attackers and zero-day exploits make short work of entrenched perimeter defenses, and every business should expect to be breached. To cope with these attacks, IT should build an additional layer of active analysis and mitigation.
This Webinar will examine the ways in which IT can become more proactive in threat identification, evaluate a threat’s origin and intent, and respond to that threat in real-time or close to real-time.
Join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Crowdstrike for “Countering targeted attacks with active defense strategies,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- What are the limits of perimeter defenses?
- What is the difference between passive and active defense strategies?
- How can IT identify and mitigate zero-day and targeted attacks?
- What are the financial implications of implementing active defenses?
- What level of response to an attack is appropriate?
- How should businesses share security data with trusted partners, consultants, and the government?
- How should businesses choose security partners?
Who should attend
- CSOs and security workers
- System Administrators
- IT decision makers