You’ve heard the line over and over again “cloud computing saves costs.” But how does it save money and can traditional enterprises benefit from its value like the giant web companies have done? In most cases of corporates “moving to the cloud” certain technology assets will stay behind, and for good reasons, including legacy apps not architected for cloud and specific security and compliance concerns. Can the assets that stay behind shift to a private cloud and reap similar benefits to public cloud?
In this webinar we will discuss how the core characteristics of the cloud – such as on-demand resources, usage-based charging and geographic dispersion – translate into business value; revenue growth, cost and risk reduction, and improved customer experience.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Telx for “Cloudonomics: making the cloud pay,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, 6th November at 10am PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- Economic and strategic perspective of computing as a utility
- What is the value of reduced latency, geographic dispersion and flexible capacity planning?
- Public versus private cloud economics and where conventional wisdom errs
- How to leverage new cloud business models
- How cloud technology and ecosystems will evolve over the next decade
- Hear from Joe Weinman, the founder of ‘cloudonomics’ and take part in a Q&A with Joe on the topic
Who Should Attend
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Data center operators
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendors