As enterprises begin to adopt cloud services and with big data evolving fast, there are hurdles to incorporating these new capabilities into the business. A potential enabler of big data is cloud storage because it lets companies collaborate around large data sets in near real-time, something that’s been difficult in the past. Some companies have made huge strides in collaboration. Oil and gas firms are sharing terabytes of upstream data, daily, for insights on operations. Media companies are collaborating on post-production content in real-time instead of shipping dailies overnight, around the globe. And gaming companies who once relied on internal WANs to distribute online games – taking up to 24 hours before they were published – can now collaborate on those same files in less than 30 minutes.
This webinar will examine how companies are able to move, access and collaborate around big data files in real-time and the impact this has had on their business.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Limelight for “Cloud storage, big data and collaboration: Connecting the dots” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- How do advances in cloud storage affect analytics and big data?
- Strategies for keeping up with big data growth
- Secrets to sharing big data files across the globe
- Moving beyond DR and archiving in the cloud
- Managing data security and privacy concerns
Who Should Attend
- Data managers/developers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendors