On Demand Webinar
Chief Data Officers: Defining Metrics for Success
Join us for this free 1-hour webinar from GigaOm Research to explore the evolving and growing role of the Chief Data Officer. The webinar features GigaOm analyst Andrew Brust and special guest, Stijn Christiaens, from Collibra, a leading player in data intelligence.
In this 1-hour webinar, you will discover:
- How data strategies have shifted from avoiding the downside of data to maximizing the upside
- What are data products and their value, as well as their technical & functional aspects
- Where the data privacy/protection team should be housed
- What is the distinction between the CDO and CAO (Chief Analytics Officer)
- How to build a data intelligent organization
Register now to join GigaOm and Collibra for this free expert webinar.
While the Chief Data Officer (CDOs) role is not necessarily new anymore, it is still in its infancy compared to other C-level roles. And while we know that CDOs are responsible for data-driven activity across the organization, the specific responsibilities – and authority – of the CDO role varies significantly from organization to organization. As the CDO role grows in importance, defining it, and what makes it successful, is increasingly critical.
Should CDO success be judged by technology metrics, like the number of data assets certified and under management? Perhaps human capital criteria, like the number of data stewards on-boarded, should be considered too? Beyond the tech and the team, various business metrics, like growth, cost savings, or even revenue, may add pressure, but can also elevate the Data Office’s visibility and respect.