Real-time analytics, driven by sensor data and online event logging, allows companies to transform their services, products, and even their business models. By monitoring customer actions and device performance at scale, companies can reduce costs by deploying sensors internally that improve operational decision making and create new revenue streams by providing real-time visibility and actionable insights for their customers.
As industries innovate to avoid commoditization, relationships are one of the most important cornerstones for remaining competitive. Not only do loyal customers provide a steady stream of product ideas, they are also likely to add valuable incremental services. Data, analytics, and insight are effective ways for creating incremental value, turning a transaction into a relationship, and a converting a one-time purchase into a recurring revenue stream.
But how can companies get past the platitude of “actionable insights” and implement real-time analytics systems that enable this transformation? How does the technology work, and how can it be integrated into real workflows at real businesses?
Join Gigaom Research and our sponsor TempoIQ for “Business transformation with sensor data,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
Key Topics of Discussion:
- What are common types of sensors, and what kinds of data do they produce?
- What does real-time analytics enable beyond historical data analysis?
- How has real-time analytics transformed the energy industry, including providers and consumers?
- How can real-time analytics help my company craft new services, and price them successfully?
- What’s the difference between data discovery, business intelligence, machine learning and real-time analytics?
- Product managers
- Marketing directors
- Customer service managers
- CIOs and CTOs
- IT decision makers