If record labels were the canaries in the coalmine for digital entertainment, newspapers are bearing the brunt of digital disruption in news and information. With print circulation declining and ad rates collapsing, when and how will those proverbial “digital dimes” become dollars?
There have been spots of success in getting customers to pay for content online, including gaming and some segments of music and video. And newspapers and other information organizations are scrambling to roll out paywalls, usually supporting subscriptions and cross-platform access. Different models for content packaging and pricing are emerging gradually. Understanding consumer types and preferences through survey analysis is critical for building successful paid content strategies.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor PayPal for “Building a Better Paywall: Monetizing Digital Content,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, September 14 at 10 a.m. PDT.
What You Will Learn
- Paid content lessons from online gaming, music and video.
- Strategies for customer identification and segmentation.
- How consumers prefer to buy digital content.
- What kind of paid content packages show the most promise.
- Other revenue stream opportunities.
Who Should Attend
- Media and content company planners
- Product managers at digital content companies
- B2B content publishers
- Payment system company executives
- Advertising and sales managers
- Business development directors and managers