Capturing and analyzing information are only part of the big data equation. Businesses must store ingested data in a format that is accessible and resilient, yet still economical. Alongside structured machine-generated data, businesses must cope with petabytes of unstructured data, from emails to photos to video – each with its own needs and challenges.
Businesses that aren’t currently feeling the pain will not remain immune. As analytics raises the table stakes of business agility, the data crush will affect everyone. Should businesses but build a storage system from scratch, use a pre-integrated solution, buy an object storage solution, or outsource their storage to a cloud provider? Should they choose only one path? What factors should be considered?
Join Gigaom Research and our sponsor Cleversafe for “Big Storage for Big Data: The Right Storage Tools for the Job,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
Key topics of discussion
- How will the volume of captured data grow and what problems will that cause?
- What specific requirements do different types of data bring?
- How are leading-edge companies addressing storage needs, and how will that translate to growing businesses?
- What are the storage options and ideal use cases for each?
- What is the total cost of ownership (TCO) factors associated with each option?
Who should attend
- CIOs and CTOs
- Storage Architects
- Database Professionals
- System Administrators
- IT Decision-Makers