Every business is a service business. Companies like Amazon and Apple have thrived in a world of commoditization and shrinking margins because of the care they’ve shown to their customers. But managing customer experience isn’t just about high-touch stores and Mayday Buttons. It’s about engaging users on a regular basis, building context, and servicing that relationship by matching the right message on the right channel to the right person. Increasingly, those messages and channels demand something more contextual and immediate. Just-in-time communications are no longer optional, and the proper execution of a messaging strategy is essential to customer satisfaction.
As we shift from general-purpose tools like email and audio calls to purpose-specific communication, short messaging (in one form or another) is becoming more important. In the person-to-person (P2P) market, the choices are clear, with SMS and over-the-top (OTT) channels such as WhatsApp owning the market. But as we begin to connect billions of devices and smartphones continue to displace feature phones, application-to-person (A2P) communications will dominate. To prepare for this shift, executives and product developers must understand A2P relationships and extend their service channel strategy to meet the different needs they create,
The A2P market is much more complicated, and continuing to evolve. Currently, application developers must support a device spectrum from feature phones to smartphones and tablets, ensuring accurate, timely delivery across a variety of networks. In the near future, they will also have to support A2P messaging from a much wider range of devices, many of which will features and power of smartphones. A solid messaging program requires multidisciplinary consideration, and operations, development, and business strategists must work in concert.
In this Gigaom Research Webinar, we will examine the appropriate channels for different kinds of A2P messaging, evaluate the practices of current leaders, and evaluate the options open to product managers and developers as we move from feature phones and smartphones to the IoT. Join Gigaom Research and Nexmo for “A2P Messaging: From Mobile Phones to the Internet of Things,” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, October 28, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- How customer communications can be a critical part of the product strategy and differentiation.
- What strategic considerations should businesses evaluate when choosing the most appropriate messaging methods for various types of communications?
- How will the IoT change the business landscape?
- Will the phone be the “remote control” for the IoT, and how will users interact with it?
- What are the similarities and differences between P2P and A2P messaging?
- How should businesses plan for global service expansions?
- What challenges do developers face when they build messaging into apps? How are leading edge businesses managing A2P messaging for new types of connected devices, and what can we learn from them?
- How can developers build for tomorrow’s communications needs without sacrificing compatibility today?
Who Should Attend
- CEOs, CMOs, VP of Product Management, CIOS and CTOs
- Product marketers and managers
- App developers
- Customer care decision-makers
- eCommerce decision-makers
- Operations staff