In today’s environment, effective provisioning is as difficult as it is essential. Budgets are tight and schedules shortened, but competition continually demands that enterprises remain nimble and adaptable. Any advantage that allows developers, test engineers, and QA teams to develop, test, and deploy software applications faster can be a competitive differentiator.
When a cloud environment brings these siloed teams together, they can dispense with the long IT procurement phase and become a self-service provider of on-demand infrastructure services – saving both time and money. Mixing in the hybrid solution, they can develop on premise and then, when they’re tested and ready, move to a public cloud provider such as AWS.
Join us when GigaOM Research and our sponsor Eucalyptus talk about the advantages of using the dev/test cloud as an initial use case in “2013: year that dev/test goes hybrid,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, January 16, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.
What we’ll talk about
- Dev/test as a starting point for dipping into the cloud
- Having the freedom and agility to choose between public and hybrid cloud
- Facilitating the use of cloud from an administrative and user perspective
- The migration to cloud being about people and process as much as it is about technology
Who should attend
- Data managers/developers
- Infrastructure IT
- IT decision makers
- Web 2.0 shop that doesn’t have in-house infrastructure (grew up on AWS)
- Business strategists and decision makers