Table of Contents
- Introduction: productivity, innovation and the human mind
- Human beings are more social than you think
- Sharing status makes us happy
- Increasing social density increases innovation
- A new state of mind and culture
- Connectivity changes cognition
- About Stowe Body
Work media refers to tools based on the patterns of interaction, influence and communication from social networks of the open web. Today, these tools are being adopted at a startling pace — perhaps the fastest of a class of new software in the business sector since the web itself. And, perhaps even more startlingly, IT organizations seem to be scurrying to pick company-wide solutions that utilize these new tools and ideas.
This piece makes a different and largely positive case for the use of work media, based on what we have learned in recent years about human cognition. The bottom line? Work media is key for work productivity and innovation, in large part because it lines up with the way that the human mind works and the way that people’s thinking is influenced by their social connections.
Companies mentioned in this research note include Facebook, Socialcast, Twitter and Yammer.