Table of Contents
- Company Profile and Summary
- Lessons Learned
- About Tim Jennings
1. Company Profile and Summary
UKG is a leading provider of human capital management (HCM), payroll, HR service delivery, and workforce management solutions. It has annual revenue of $3.26 billion and over 12,000 employees worldwide serving 50,000 customers.
The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the importance of supporting a remote workforce, creating the opportunity for UKG to rapidly innovate across its software suite, introducing new features to improve communication and notification with remote employees, comply with new legislation and help monitor contact tracing.
In this fast-paced development environment, UKG found that its non-production data was being duplicated many times over and consuming unnecessary storage space. So it implemented data virtualization technology to reduce its storage footprint and speed up its provisioning process, with the following results:
- Analysis showed that non-production data was being duplicated by a factor of 1:1,000.
- Initial proof of concept demonstrated over 90% reduction was possible in data volumes.
- A cost-benefit analysis suggested a 10x ROI for the Delphix solution within one year.
- On an annualized basis, UKG has achieved 99.8% storage savings and estimated storage cost savings of $100,000.
- Data virtualization has contributed to UKG’s aim of provisioning a complete test environment in under 10 minutes.