The tech industry saw as many ups as downs in 2013, from the (seemingly) starting revelations in the wake of the NSA/PRISM scandal to the demise of Fisker Automotive and Twitter’s highly publicized IPO.
As the year winds to a close, the Gigaom Research curators set their sights on 2014, and share thoughts on what to expect, what not to. Will the NSA revelations have any long-term effect on U.S. cloud computing or have we simply moved on? Are wearables really worth their hype? And when it comes to social business, how fast is too fast in terms of when it comes to changing the nature of the way we work?
Thumbnail image courtesy of Thinkstock
- 5 cleantech trends to watch in 2014
- What (and what not) to expect in mobile in 2014
- The future of work: 4 trends for 2014
- Cloud computing and database 2014: The trend is your friend
- A near-term outlook for the consumer space