Disruption Areas and Services Providers for Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy
Mainstream enterprises have failed to take advantage of the tremendous growth in mobile capabilities over the past several years thanks to much risk aversion. In 2015, however, the tension between business and operations has finally pushed organizations to the brink of a new round of investment in management technologies.
While most enterprise mobility management (EMM) suites offer a fairly standard set of capabilities, how they provide these services and the emphasis they place on each varies greatly, creating a number of distinct product strategies. Each of these strategies is best suited to a specific use case, and since the next wave of major industry consolidation is still several years away, enterprises should choose the strategy that most closely aligns with their near-term business goals.
This Gigaom Sector Roadmap™ identifies and categorizes the principal areas at play—what we call Disruption Vectors—and profiles a number of significant solution providers in the space.
Key findings from this report include:
- The providers and use cases for mainstream free or extremely low-cost tools.
- How EMM vendors differ in high-value, highly specialized custom apps and hardware.
- The features likely to be acquired by large systems management vendors and why.
- How the next major evolution of EMM will spur a new round of mergers or acquisitions.
- Disruption Vectors
- Company Analysis
- Outlook and Key Takeaways
- About Cormac Foster
- About Gigaom Research