- Integrate and Connect with Existing Systems
- Create and Manage Scalable Data Repositories
- Manage External Services and APIs
- About Jon Collins
This is part 4 of a 6-part report, access all other parts here:
- Part 1 – Introduction, Why Enterprise DevOps and Conclusion
- Part 2 – Shift to Customer-Centricity
- Part 3 – Deliver Agile Best Practice
- Part 5 – Automate Development and Delivery
- Part 6 – Orchestrate and Operate Infrastructure
In today’s increasingly open world, applications and services need to access a wide variety of data sources, systems, and services, both internal and external, that include potentially large volumes of dynamic data. This means that data stores will have to align with DevOps methods of defining, accessing, and managing data.
Aligning data management with DevOps requires the following areas to be addressed:
- Integrate and connect with existing systems
- Create and manage scalable data repositories
- Manage services and APIs
We look at each below.