- Assure Process Governance
- Augment Decision Making
- Catalyze Collaboration
- About Jon Collins
This is part 3 of a 6-part report, access all other parts here:
- Part 1 – Introduction, Why Enterprise DevOps and Conclusion
- Part 2 – Shift to Customer-Centricity
- Part 4 – Connect Data and Services
- Part 5 – Automate Development and Delivery
- Part 6 – Orchestrate and Operate Infrastructure
The fundamental heart of DevOps has to do with embracing and leveraging lean and agile best practices not only within IT development and operations departments, but across the business. Experience suggests that an enterprise can’t simply adopt DevOps, as the ability to do this reflects the organization’s mindset and ethos. Tools and technologies can help support and catalyze adoption of DevOps, but they cannot exist isolated from the journey towards better business and operating models.
Enabling delivery of DevOps best practice requires the following areas to be addressed:
- Assure process governance
- Augment decision making
- Catalyze collaboration
We look at each below.