- Optimize Customer Experience
- Test Quality and Non-functional Criteria
- Assure Security and Privacy
- About Jon Collins
- About GigaOm
This is part 2 of a 6-part report, access all other parts here:
- Part 1 – Shift to Customer-Centricity
- Part 3 – Deliver Agile Best Practice
- Part 4 – Connect Data and Services
- Part 5 – Automate Development and Delivery
- Part 6 – Orchestrate and Operate Infrastructure
DevOps best practices serve a singular purpose, namely delivering technology-based applications and services that fit the evolving needs of the customer.
Enterprises as a whole will confirm that customers are hugely important; however, DevOps teams and structures may not be organized in such a way that they can respond to rapidly changing customer demand.
Enabling a shift to customer centricity requires three areas to be addressed across the DevOps cycle:
- Optimize customer experience
- Assure security and privacy
- Test quality and non-functional criteria
We look at each below.