UPDATED The creation of original content underpins the web-video industry, but the market has exploded too quickly for copyright laws to react. Technology and content companies have necessarily developed interim approaches to monitoring, regulating, spreading and monetizing content online. Rarely have these stakeholders had a chance to sit down to talk to one another constructively about where these activities are headed.
On Wednesday morning, NewTeeVee is hosting this month’s Bunker Series event here at GigaOM’s San Francisco office to enable industry players to do just that. Attendees will include content owners, video sites and copyright service providers, such as Ethan Applen, director of technology and business strategy, Warner Bros.; Betsy Zedek, counsel, content protection, Fox Group Legal; David King, senior product manager of Content ID, YouTube; Michael Seibel, CEO, Justin.tv; and Yangbin Wang, CEO, Vobile. We’ll provide the livestream, along with exclusive video, post-game analysis, and live blog coverage starting at 9:30 a.m. PST. You can also follow along with the Twitter hashtag #NTVL and participate in the comments thread below.
Here’s where to find additional coverage. We’ll update this list with links as new content is available:
- Live-streaming video from the event
- Live blog coverage from GigaOM Network contributors
- Round One: Ethan Applen, Warner Bros.
- Round Two: Automation, Digital Fingerprinting and Livestreaming: Justin.TV and Vobile
- Round Three: Betsy Zedek, Fox content protection counsel, and a discussion of fair use
- Round Four:Open Discussion: Bittorrent, monetizing content, and the future of mid-budget movies
- Post-game analysis from Connected Consumer curator Paul Sweeting
- Post-event video interviews with select attendees by Liz Gannes, Chris Albrecht and Ryan Lawler