- Enterprise BYOD’s implications on expense management
- Focus turns to usage optimization
- How much BYOD management and control should exist?
- Unresolved challenges with BYOD implementation
- Possible next steps in BYOD expense management
- About Aileen Arcilla
For bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies (and mobile devices in general), enterprises have focused on resolving issues related to the security and control of corporate resources loaded onto personal devices. What is not talked about often is expense management. This includes asking questions such as:
- How much of the cost should a company assume if that device is used for both personal and business purposes?
- What other costs are incurred when a device is no longer under the company’s control?
- What implications does expense management have on other issues when dealing with BYOD?
This report will explore how companies can better understand employee mobile expenses specifically arising from BYOD and how BYOD has affected the expense management of mobile devices overall.
Key highlights from this report include:
- How communications expense management has evolved in light of BYOD
- How certain issues raised by expense management can be overlooked
- How expense-management solutions are not the final answer in managing communications spend with BYOD