Table of Contents
- Market Categories and Deployment Types
- Key Criteria Comparison
- GigaOm Radar
- Vendor Insights
- Analyst’s Take
- About Chris Grundemann
- About Ivan McPhee
Secure Service Access (SSA) is a relatively new and rapidly changing market sector, so business leaders and IT professionals need tools to quickly gain insight and understanding into the positioning of the current key players. This report provides the necessary analysis of the leading vendors within the SSA space, and charts vendors in terms of their focus on niche features vs. breadth of platform scope, as well as in terms of maturity vs. level of innovation.
Designed as a partner to our “Key Criteria for Secure Service Access” offering, this report begins with a brief overview of SSA and the value it provides to organizations looking to modernize, streamline, and strengthen their security presence. Building on the key criteria in the partner report, we identify relevant market categories and deployment models in order to tailor the findings to the specific needs of organizations.
These findings are presented in an easily digestible series of tables and charts that give readers quick insight into the suitability of a particular offering for their organization, allowing managers to rapidly shortlist the most appropriate vendors.
The report next offers a detailed analysis of each solution, with a deep dive into the feature sets and market trajectories of each platform to equip the reader with an objective grounding in the strengths of and challenges facing each of their shortlisted products.
The analysts then add their own views and recommendations, giving a unique, practitioner-centric contextualization of the current leading players, and highlighting the ways in which established vendors will evolve or repackage their existing products in order to capitalize on the increased interest in SSA component technologies such as ZTNA, SASE, and XDR.
Read the full report to:
- Discover the current shape of the SSA sector, including the disparity in the number of platforms that focus on feature play vs. platform play.
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses of each of the leading SSA players, and the types of organizations that will benefit most from each solution’s specific approach.
- Learn to differentiate among products using an evaluation framework that cuts through marketing hype and industry buzzwords.
- Understand the ways in which the market will change over the medium to long term as platforms mature and new, innovative features become widely available.
Chris Grundemann holds eight network technology patents, and has written two books, an IETF RFC, and countless articles and research papers in the field of security and networking. Ivan McPhee leverages his background in enterprise architecture and management consulting to address the needs of businesses, with a primary focus on optimizing strategies for implementing emerging technologies and minimizing time-to-value for businesses from start-ups to multinationals.