Google’s new collection of social technology, Google+, is generating positive reviews from the digerati and looks like the company’s best effort yet in social media.
We conducted a survey over the Fourth of July weekend of GigaOM readers regarding Google+’s chances for success, its competitive weapons and its likely impact on the competitive social media environment.
This research examines the survey’s results. It includes an analysis predicting Google+’s chances for success and how it matches up to competitors like Facebook and Skype. It also includes a selection of thoughts from survey respondents.
- The results
- Analysis: Google+’s chances for success
- Google’s competitive weapons
- The near-term competitive impact of Google+
- About David Card
- About Michael Wolf
- About GigaOM Pro
- Appendix A: Reader’s views on the impact of Google+
- Comparisons to Facebook
- Hangouts/Video Chat
- Google accounts/services integration