Twitter is now a mainstream communications technology that plays a critical role in news and content discovery. The company has spawned a business ecosystem of third-party developers and services that create apps and data analysis. But as it evolves its business model, Twitter has also generated controversy around its changing developer and user policies.
Twitter feels like it is at a crossroads, so GigaOM Pro took a quick pulse of the tech community’s opinions on the company’s future prospects, its likely business model, and its role in the overall technology industry. The results are presented here, with analysis.
- Anticipating Twitter’s success
- Twitter’s industry role: digital media
- A revenue model is Twitter’s top challenge
- Is developer trouble a threat?
- Mobile advertising and data licensing deemed promising
- Observers see many technology needs
- About David Card