Facebook just had the biggest initial public offering in tech history. During the week leading up to it, we tapped into the GigaOM readership to see what they thought of the social network giant’s prospects for the next two to five years. What will Facebook become as it grows up? What are Facebook’s best opportunities and key challenges?
This report analyzes the results of that survey, including readers’ views on Facebook’s overall success, where the social network stands in terms of mobile offerings and privacy backlash, and its prospects as a major digital-advertising platform.
- Facebook’s likelihood of success
- Mobile and privacy are top challenges
- Expectations for Facebook’s role in the technology industry
- New markets, possible acquisitions
- Appendix: Select respondent observations
- About David Card