- The How, What & Why of Containers
- Containers plus Cloud, FTW!
- Container Managers
- Provider Offerings
- Key Takeaways
- About the Author: Rich Morrow
Compare Cloud Providers, CaaS & Cost Models to Your Advantage
”Containers” and “Docker” are two of the hottest words in technology today, and “Containers as a Service” or CaaS, is growing as companies deploy their online services with fast-starting, easy-to-deploy containers.
For those new to this space, confusion reigns as to why containers are so useful, how they can be used to gain strategic advantages, and the various models for deploying and maintaining container-based services.
Even after an organization understands the value of containers, confusion may surround the process of selecting a cloud-based provider.
- Which providers offer which services?
- How do the cloud providers differ with regard to ancillary services that wrap around and/or interface with CaaS?
- How do cost models differ?
- Which container managers outshine others?
This report offers a concise investigation into all of the above.
Key findings include the following:
- A quick introduction to the value of containers and how they compare to VM-based services like Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (Amazon EC2).
- A look at the importance of launching containers in the cloud and why this model is beneficial from efficiency, maintenance, and cost perspectives.
- An in-depth review of CaaS offerings available at the Top Three cloud providers: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure.
More Cloud Research
Available to GigaOm Research Subscribers