- Technology Evolution and Landscape
- Key Players
- What About Phones?
- Near Term Outlook
- About Ed Simnett
There is an emerging division between real-time communications that are simple notifications and in-depth conversations. Technology has moved to a point where video-assumed, application-integrated sessions are the norm. A critical capability is to deliver that rich experience and connection across a continuum of devices and infrastructure, with everyone on a call having the most engaged experience they can, rather than falling back to the lowest common denominator.
- Communications are splitting into rich engaged sessions and notifications.
- Video capabilities have become mainstream.
- Winning communications strategies will provide continuums across both,
- Hybrid network and infrastructure from dedicated room to wifi enabled PC to cell phone.
- Hybrid capabilities across video, application sharing, voice, text.
- Applications themselves will become more and more part of the communications experience.
More Innovation Research
Available to GigaOm Research Subscribers