Location: Remote, United States
- Who We Are
- Here’s What You Need to Know
- Skills We’d Like to See
- Additional Noteworthy Qualities
- How GigaOm Values Its People
- Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at GigaOm
Who We Are
GigaOm is the leading research firm helping businesses make decisions guided by tactical, practical and technical research. At GigaOm, we are committed to the concept of technical wisdom, learned through hard-won experience. Technical wisdom is what enables strategic IT decision makers to explore, scope, and grasp the critical and complex technical challenges and decisions facing them every day.
Wisdom at GigaOm extends beyond the mechanics of assessing and deploying business solutions. At GigaOm, we embrace wisdom in all its forms: technical, financial, organizational, intellectual, emotional. We believe that organizations and people that commit fully to developing self-awareness do best: They work more efficiently, forge stronger relationships, and make better decisions.
Getting more research in the hands of a broader, more diverse audience, promotes and accelerates innovation. Let’s Start moving!
Here’s What You Need to Know
GigaOm’s Research Engagement Team shapes how GigaOm’s customers, analysts and partners engage with each phase of our product development process from strategy to delivery, ensuring the highest quality research available to technology decision makers.
Our next Technical Research Project Manager will oversee the development of customer commissioned research. Experience as a technical content marketer is extremely valuable in this role. As a Project Manager your job is to understand the requirements of your core constituency, Gigaom customers, as we help them benchmark their technology and engage with custom research projects. You will develop scalable processes for our custom research business including project structure and procedures for analysts and customers as they develop custom research. You will manage custom research projects from beginning to end ensuring projects are scoped and delivered on time, exceeding customer expectations. With Customer Success as your north star, you ensure the sales team has the resources they need to set expectations with potential new customers and you facilitate those engagements with the Research team.
Skills and Experience We’d Like to See
As a Research Engagement Manager, you are:
- A detail focused project manager. You might be a little obsessed with finding efficiencies and making processes easier and more effective. You hate bureaucracy and needless administrative tasks that can be avoided.
- A strong communicator. You love talking to people. You know how to distill complex ideas into high level concepts to foster understanding across stakeholders from different parts of an organization. You communicate simply about what is required to move past obstacles and meet goals.
- A Facilitator. You like getting to know people and what motivates them. You seek out opportunities to connect and solve problems collectively. You welcome differences in options and diverse perspectives in pursuit of knowledge and innovation.
- Deeply committed to knowledge and understanding.
Additional Desirable Qualities and Experience (You don’t need all… just some)
- Fascinated by and knowledgeable about technology infrastructure. At GigaOm, we are surrounded by the people and businesses that are shaping information technology globally. You should think that’s cool.
- Experience in technical content marketing or technical documentation is highly desirable
- Experience in a sales engineering organization or in custom project/product development in a technical area.
- Strong written communication skills
- Understanding of the values of a data driven environment
- Experience with Google Docs, AirTable or similar work collaboration tools
- Experience in digital publishing, research or journalism
- 5+ years of work experience in any field
How GigaOm Values Its People
GigaOm pays competitive salaries and upholds the principles of pay equity.We are a 100% remote workforce that is purposeful about respecting workers personal time, time zones and family commitments. We offer health benefits to full time employees. Contract and full time options to meet your goals and lifestyle.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at GigaOm
GigaOm is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. GigaOm is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, pay equity and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Candidates must be legal to work in the United States
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to careers[email protected] with the job title as your subject line.