- Who We Are
- Here’s What You Need to Know
- Skills We’d Like to See
- Additional Noteworthy Qualities
- How GigaOm Values Its People
- Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at GigaOm
Who We Are
GigaOm is the leading research firm helping businesses make decisions guided by tactical, practical, and technical research. At GigaOm, we are committed to the concept of technical wisdom, learned through hard-won experience. Technical wisdom is what enables strategic IT decision makers to explore, scope, and grasp the critical and complex technical challenges and decisions facing them every day.
Wisdom at GigaOm extends beyond the mechanics of assessing and deploying business solutions. At GigaOm, we embrace wisdom in all its forms: technical, financial, organizational, intellectual, emotional. We believe that organizations and people that commit fully to developing self-awareness do best: They work more efficiently, forge stronger relationships, and make better decisions.
Our goal is to deliver more and better research into the hands of a broad and diverse audience, and to support, promote, and accelerate innovation. Let’s Start moving!
Here’s What You Need to Know
GigaOm’s Content Team is tasked with bringing our cutting-edge research to life, refining and articulating the complex technical concepts advanced by our growing team of analysts and practitioners. As a Research Editor, you will work with analysts, authors, vendors, and partners to ensure the prompt and effective handling of content, including reports, articles, blog posts, scripts, and more. You will play a key role in ensuring that content is delivered and published on-time, and that it meets the high standard of quality and correctness expected from GigaOm. Among the responsibilities of the position:
- Perform developmental/first edits on GigaOm research reports and content to ensure that delivered content is tuned for GigaOm’s audience of strategic IT decision-makers and practitioners. Refine and improve submitted text, ensure conformity with GigaOm templates and style, and meet deadlines.
- Establish a strong working rapport with GigaOm analysts and authors and work with them to set expectations, establish upcoming project timeframes, and improve the quality of initial manuscripts, and work with freelance editors, designers, and other contributors to shepherd projects to completion.
- Engage with GigaOm analysts to plan, schedule, produce, and deliver unique content, including industry technical analysis, case study articles, blog posts, and newsletter content.
- Write or co-author unique content for publication on the GigaOm web site, blog, and newsletter.
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to improve figures, tables, and illustrations
- Optimize written pieces to increase user engagement and SEO
- Identify trends and generate new ideas around industry-related topics
Skills and Experience We’d Like to See
As a Research Editor, you are:
- A peerless communicator. You love language and the power it has to inspire and enlighten. You are comfortable with complex technical concepts and able to motivate authors to do a better job articulating them.
- A detail-focused wordsmith. You might be a little obsessed with refining a specific, critical turn of phrase or developing an intuitive content structure. But you are also quick with a pen and able to manage time and resource budgets to keep projects on time and on target.
- Creative. You are energized by the creative process and new challenges. You welcome fresh approaches and find inspiration in unexpected places.
- Fascinated by technology. At GigaOm, we are surrounded by the people and businesses that are shaping information technology globally. You should think that’s cool.
- Motivated and disciplined. This is a remote-work position in a fast-paced environment. Our teams collaborate constantly via email, Slack, and video conferencing and rely on each other to get things done.
Additional Qualities and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Proven work experience as a content editor, web editor, or similar role
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills in English
- Understanding of SEO conventions, keyword research, and related web content best practices
How GigaOm Values Its People
GigaOm pays competitive salaries and upholds the principles of pay equity.
We are a 100% remote workforce that is purposeful about respecting workers personal time, time zones and family commitments.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at GigaOm
GigaOm is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. GigaOm is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, pay equity and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the job title as your subject line.