Platform diversity and the rush to deliver new features are increasing the pressure on testing and development, but many enterprises lack the infrastructure to respond. Provisioning bottlenecks and limited on-premise assets create a resource crunch for Development and QA. In turn, application quality and timelines can suffer, and developers often build “Shadow IT” dev-test environments outside of company-approved resources.
By moving dev-test off-site, businesses can embrace the efficiencies of the public cloud to deploy scalable development environments quickly, decrease time-to-market, and remove IT roadblocks. This session will explore the drivers of Shadow IT dev-test practices and examine the key benefits, risks, and considerations of moving development and QA to the cloud.
Join GigaOM Research and our sponsor HP for “Reclaiming dev-test: Using the public cloud to accelerate deployment and increase agility,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
What Will Be Discussed
- What are the current bottlenecks with application development, testing, and deployment?
- Have “Shadow IT” dev-test efforts complicated the development process, and what can we learn from them?
- What are the security and cost considerations of cloud-based dev-test?
- How does cloud-based dev-test integrate with popular development methodologies and tools?
- Which types of applications are the best candidates for cloud-based dev-test?
- How should you choose a dev-test cloud partner?
Who should attend
- Application developers
- QA Engineers
- System Administrators
- IT decision makers